Be Brave Enough
to Start A
Conversations is a BBBEE Level 1 contributor
Our purpose is to help build strong communities by leveraging our core mandate as an instrument for positive change.
Conversations Media & Communications is a
full-service Public Affairs and Brand Communication agency. We advise public and private sector leaders through the delivery of a comprehensive suite of reputation
Conversations has serviced the following clients directly or through sub-contracting arrangements in short-term or retainer projects.
We continue to manage a diverse portfolio of clients across the public and private sectors.
We are a diverse and experienced team of communications and media specialists with decades of experience in the newsrooms,
public sector and corporate communications.
Our team of specialists include:
- Veteran journalists who create thought leadership, op-ed and tailored opinion pieces.
- Expertise that enables Conversations to deliver services ranging from press releases to corporate publications, radio and TV scripts through to Annual Financial Statements and supporting media material.
- Editorial writers experienced in major sectors who identify and develop leads, advise clients and work to stringent media deadlines.
- Delivery of focused, bespoke media training developed by specialists rather than generic programs.
Founder & CEO
Vincent enjoys team dynamics. His approach to communication is analytical and strategic.
Vincent is the Founder and CEO of Conversations Media & Communications. He has over 24 years of combined broadcast journalism and corporate communications experience. His story began in the newsrooms of media houses such as Reuters Television, Worldwide Television News (now known as Associated Press Television News), the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and the South African Broadcasting Corporation. His journey took him to the Presidency where he occupied the position of Presidential Spokesperson.
He also worked as Director of Communications for Standard Bank Africa and Director of Group Stakeholder/Govt. Relations Management for the Standard Bank Group.
Before establishing Conversations Media, Vincent was the CEO of Magna Carta Reputation Management Consultants. Here he led many strategy, issues and crisis management interventions for clients like Standard Bank, Deloitte, Oprah Winfrey Academy for Girls, Transnet, Tiger Brands, Mo Ibrahim Foundation, Syngenta and High Street Auctions.
Head Digital & Content Marketing
Ima balances setting strategic direction with seamless implementation.
Ima is a PR Professional with over 15 years of cross sector experience in the Public Relations industry including financial services.
Clients include, Standard Bank across Retail and Investment Banking portfolios, Paleontological Science Trust (PAST), Red Hat (world’s leading open source company), Samsung, Nissan, American Health Foundation, The One Campaign (International grass roots campaign founded by Bono and Bill Gates to mobilise the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals) and Tiger Brands.
Part of her role on Standard Bank, was working with the marketing and communications teams in developing and defining the interactive digital strategies for Standard Bank Group. She has conducted workshops for the rest of Africa in country communications teams, presenting latest PR/Digital trends and best practice.
Her position requires a balance between setting strategic direction, driving implementation and being the communicator that garners support for the client’s vision.
Processes & Tools
Conversations understands and champions the integration of different marketing and communication
verticals to maximise campaign spend & reach.
Our reputation building blocks:
Who are we talking to and why? What do they expect or need from us?
What is our unique expression of differentiation?
What is the core of the conversation that
brings us together?
Design and Image
What do we look and feel like?
How wide can we effectively spread our message?
Stakeholder and Community Management
(Online and Offline)
How do we grow the understanding and appreciation of one another?
Crisis & Issues Management
Issues and crisis management experience and approach. Conversations has advised private and public sector leaders during issues and crisis situations that threatened not only their institutional reputation but the sustainability of their organisations.
In managing issues and crisis management briefs Conversations is guided by the following principles:
- We do not waste a good crisis because for every crisis there is an opportunity
- Crisis situations are a test of leadership character and caliber – we work with leaders to deliver solutions
- Our approach is to unearth the underlying causes of reputational risk that management can address
Our services and support in managing issues and crisis situations
- Crisis management training and planning with senior executives and key divisional employees
- Crisis communication media training
- Crisis communication management workshops for large groups including marketing and communications teams
Advocacy & Stakeholder Relations Management
Our approach to Advocacy and Stakeholder Relations Management
- We activate our extensive government and political network to gain insights on issues, policy and regulatory debates and in facilitating high-level engagements.
- We arm our clients with relevant strategic advisory and an appropriate level of preparation ahead of influencer engagement sessions.
During the 2018 South African Listeriosis outbreak Conversations was hand- picked by agency Joe Public Engage as lead agency and the South African Meat Processors Association as a client, based on our experience in handling high- level political and government stakeholder engagement and politically sensitive briefs
Published May 15, 2019 10:18 AM https://omny.fm/shows/power-podcasts/unpacking-the-impact-of-the-2019-election-campaign Morio Sanyane speaks to PR and communications practitioner, Lorato Tshenkeng, and CEO of Conversations Media and Communications, Vincent
by Vincent Magwenya, Founder and CEO of Conversations Media and Communications https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/vincent-magwenya/the-bell-pottinger-saga-shows-pr-firms-need-to-be-firmer-about-drawing-a-line_a_23200248/ The #GuptaLeaks affair in South Africa lifted the lid on unacceptable PR activities
1. Prepare yourself: By now you would have observed that some of the individuals whose names appear in the leaked emails by members of the